Running Standalone plug-in in Valgrind problem


#1

Has anyone got this working? I’ve just installed the latest valgrind (3.12.0).

I can create a JUCE command line app (Hello World!) from the Projucer and it runs fine in valgrind (there are a bunch or probably false positives but it runs).

A new blank GUI app just get’s stuck on these messages…

--8810-- UNKNOWN mach_msg unhandled MACH_SEND_TRAILER option
--8810-- UNKNOWN mach_msg unhandled MACH_SEND_TRAILER option (repeated 2 times)
--8810-- UNKNOWN mach_msg unhandled MACH_SEND_TRAILER option (repeated 4 times)
--8810-- UNKNOWN mach_msg unhandled MACH_SEND_TRAILER option (repeated 8 times)
--8810-- UNKNOWN mach_msg unhandled MACH_SEND_TRAILER option (repeated 16 times)

I’m hoping to get as far as running standalone plugin app in valgrind but I figured getting the above working first would help!

Any tips would be most welcome.

EDIT: yes, I’m running this on the debug build


#2

I could never get valgrind working on OS X versions >= 10.5. However, it works on Linux. This is the output of the standalone build of the JUCE audio plugin demo:

==4725== Memcheck, a memory error detector
==4725== Copyright (C) 2002-2015, and GNU GPL'd, by Julian Seward et al.
==4725== Using Valgrind-3.11.0 and LibVEX; rerun with -h for copyright info
==4725== Command: ./JuceDemoPlugin
==4725== 
JUCE v4.3.1
==4725== 
==4725== HEAP SUMMARY:
==4725==     in use at exit: 207,859 bytes in 740 blocks
==4725==   total heap usage: 98,571 allocs, 97,831 frees, 27,246,823 bytes allocated
==4725== 
==4725== LEAK SUMMARY:
==4725==    definitely lost: 16 bytes in 1 blocks
==4725==    indirectly lost: 176 bytes in 4 blocks
==4725==      possibly lost: 1,352 bytes in 18 blocks
==4725==    still reachable: 206,315 bytes in 717 blocks
==4725==                       of which reachable via heuristic:
==4725==                         newarray           : 1,536 bytes in 16 blocks
==4725==         suppressed: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==4725== Rerun with --leak-check=full to see details of leaked memory
==4725== 
==4725== For counts of detected and suppressed errors, rerun with: -v
==4725== ERROR SUMMARY: 0 errors from 0 contexts (suppressed: 0 from 0)