Apogee Electronics is a leading designer and manufacturer of professional digital audio equipment based in Santa Monica, CA. We are a growing company with a reputation for creating award-winning digital audio conversion systems.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join us in our Santa Monica office to develop applications on macOS and Windows. With an emphasis on real-time audio, communication and control over protocols like USB, PCIe, networks. We are looking for someone who has in-depth knowledge of macOS Core Audio, Windows audio, and interfacing with external hardware as well as experience using JUCE.
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong C++ programming skills including JUCE.
- Strong understanding of real-time, multi-threaded, high-performance, object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience in macOS and Windows audio application development
- Understands how to architect for optimal cross platform code re-use.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands optimizations and design trade-offs needed for real-time development.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Experience leading a team of SW developers
- Embedded Linux experience and/or general embedded experience
- In-depth knowledge of Core Audio API’s
- Audio driver experience; Mac, Windows or Linux
- Client/Server TCP/IP networking experience
- Cross platform UI experience in JUCE/C++
Apogee Electronics is NOT seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
Job Type: Full Time, On-Site (Santa Monica, CA, USA)