Slider

Has anyone experienced a snapping issue with a slider who’s range crosses zero?
I.e.

Slider myslider(Slider::LinearVertical, Slider::NoTextBox);
myslider.setRange (-1.0f, 1.0f, 0.01f);
myslider.setValue (0.0f);
DBG(myslider.getValue());

I get -2.23517e-08 as the debug output! Zero should snap to zero as its an integral multiple of my interval from either min or max.

Inspection with the debugger of the snapToLegalValue() function , I notice the interval is 0.0099999997764825821 but that may be normal. Unfortunately, I don’t think the snapToLegalValueFunction is exposed to Slider settings, but I did find a workaround. Just to set the range from 0-2 and then map to and from that range in my code, and set the textFromValueFunction lambda accordingly.

So just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. Have I made a mistake? Should I do something different for ranges crossing zero? Or is there an issue in the NormalisableRange class in this case?

Thanks
Craig

I’m having a similar issue, only it doesn’t involve 0.

I noticed that setValue eventually ends up here

/** Takes a non-normalised value and snaps it based on either the interval property of
    this NormalisableRange or the lambda function supplied to the constructor.
*/
ValueType snapToLegalValue (ValueType v) const noexcept
{
    if (snapToLegalValueFunction != nullptr)
        return snapToLegalValueFunction (start, end, v);

if (interval > ValueType())
        v = start + interval * std::floor ((v - start) / interval + static_cast<ValueType> (0.5));

return (v <= start || end <= start) ? start : (v >= end ? end : v);
}

Using NormalisableRange works fine. However, I’m trying to use an IncDec slider. When you do setNormalisableRange instead of setRange, the increment and decrement buttons stop functioning.