SmartThumbnail not updating on file change

SmartThumbnail is designed to update itself when the underlying audio file changes. This works in most cases. But I do have to bring the GUI up front and click or move it around before it updates. I think it is related to the TransportControl::FileFlushTimer::timerCallback logic. In my application, I want the GUI to refresh immediately (or shortly) after the audio file changes without any unpredictability.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if this behaviour is intended but I would like to know if there is anything I can do to change this.

Tested on tracktion commit c55e0fa.
Tested on mac m1 OSX 12.6

Jelle

I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to? Is this one of the demos in the repo or your own code?
Looking at the code, SmartThumbnail calls component.repaint(); in all the obvious situations I can see, is there one you’re missing?

I wasn’t referring to a repaint problem (I tried force repaintings). No, the proxy wasn’t being recalculated and so the proxy that was shown wasn’t correctly previewing the audio file on disk.

However, I just discovered that there is a function forceOrphanFreezeAndProxyFilesPurge that I can call to force an update and this seems to work for my application. Thank you anyway!