[SOLVED] Attaching to Digital Performer 11?

Anyone know how to attach Xcode to Digital Performer? It gives me an error when I try. I’m in Mac OS 12.2.1, using Xcode 13.2.1. I can attach to Logic, Cubase, and Pro Tools, but just installed DP11, and it won’t attach (either from the Attach to Process… menu or from the Attach to Process by ID or Name… menu item.

Is there a specific Name I can use to attach with, the way it is done for Logic (using AUHostingServiceXPC_arrow)?

What error message do you get?

I recall that with Ableton, occasionally I have to resign the app to allow the debugger to attach. Perhaps this is a similar issue…

Domain: IDEDebugSessionErrorDomain
Code: 3
Failure Reason: attach failed (Not allowed to attach to process. Look in the console messages (Console.app), near the debugserver entries, when the attach failed. The subsystem that denied the attach permission will likely have logged an informative message about why it was denied.)
User Info: {
DVTErrorCreationDateKey = “2023-01-17 14:45:59 +0000”;
DVTRadarComponentKey = 855031;
IDERunOperationFailingWorker = DBGLLDBLauncher;
RawUnderlyingErrorMessage = “attach failed (Not allowed to attach to process. Look in the console messages (Console.app), near the debugserver entries, when the attach failed. The subsystem that denied the attach permission will likely have logged an informative message about why it was denied.)”;
}

But there is nothing in the Console logs that I can find that relate to this attempt to attach.

Have you checked with MOTU. It may be protection related.

Rail

Yeah, I wrote them on Friday. Just sent another email to a couple more people there, to see if they can help.

They gave me steps to codesign for debugging. I can’t share the details here, though. They asked I keep the details confidential. But it involved codesigning multiple items, not just the .app bundle.

3 Likes