Some Questions about JUCE

Hi.
I am thinking about using JUCE in a bigger project.
Before I spend much time on reading all that documentation, I have some major questions:

• Does this library support an OpenGL Canvas while I can select the Version of the Canvas and maybe lock it to OpenGL3.x?
  • Does it have Scintilla or some other code highlighting component? I spotted CodeCOntrol or something like that on my first glance at the docs. Is this what I think it is?
  • I am developing a library and this frameworks shall act as a basis for my tools, which are seperate programs. Can someone who uses my library commercially, still use the tools for free or does he need a commercial license?
  • Are there visual GUI-Editors?

Thanks for your input :slight_smile: and saving me some time to find it all out on my own.

Good question. I’d still like to know the answer to this even though its 2013. Anyone?

Which bit in particular?

For GL, it’ll use whatever latest version your OS provides.
No idea what Scintilla is, or what he means by “CodeControl” - maybe CodeEditorComponent?
Anyone who compiles code using the juce codebase will need their own license - obviously having a commercial license doesn’t mean you can pass-on the same license to 3rd-parties, because that’d defeat my whole business model!
GUI editors - well until the Projucer’s ready there’s always the introjucer’s GUI editor.

HTH!

• Does it have Scintilla or some other code highlighting component? I spotted CodeCOntrol or something like that on my first glance at the docs. Is this what I think it is?
    Check out the CodeEditorComponent class. Unfortunately, no support for Scintilla, but do a search for Scintilla and you should see at least one thread with information about how one might go about adding support for it.