Standalone App: Parameter modulation via audio bus a good idea?

Hi!

First of all: I’ve downloaded the current development branch from github to test the new bus system.

I’m developing a standalone application that uses audio processors for each module I have. What I’d like to do is use the bus system in combination with the audiograph for parameter modulation (envelope, lfo, recorded automation). It works fine so far. For each parameter I create a new stereo bus. So every parameter can have 2 modulation sources. Which can basically be anything. In my test I modulate the cutoff frequency of a filter using a lfo.

My question is: Do you think this solution will cause performance issues or problems in general? Do you see any conceptual problem? So far I’ve just done a proof of concept. And I don’t want to spend to much time on this idea, if you say it won’t work too well.

And if so: What are good alternatives? Will OSC for example work when I use it internally? Do you have any latency data?

Any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks!

Hmmm interesting idea. Certainly, the bus system was never intended for this but why not. As long as you are not planning to export your AudioPorcessors to a plugin it should be OK. However, your modulations will run at the same sample rate as your audio which may be overkill. In Equator, for example, , we run the modulations at a lower sample rate than the audio sample rate.