Start debug window in second monitor (Xcode)

When I’m working on a dual monitor setup from my laptop, I’d rather want to work on my main screen and once press “run” button - see my application running on a second screen.

When I work right now debug application always starts up at main display, so if I 'm using Xcode there - it will wrap away.

Is there any tips how to improve this workflow experience? Thanks!

Best
T

Can you just put something in your app to have it move to the second screen on startup when debugging? :slight_smile:

Jimc, im quite new to Juce. Could you suggest what can I put in my app to get such behaviour?

Thanks
Tim

If it’s an App you’ll have something that’s a main window, maybe inheriting from DocumentWIndow, you can call setBounds(…) on the window to place it wherever you like on your screens. I think that’s right :wink:

1 Like

Jimc thanks you for giving me a great starting point to dig in! Took hour or so after to understand how things works

My application actually uses plugin version.

For any one who will run in same question (Standalone plugin build):

Code for DocumentWindow is located inside JUCE files. In my case that’s JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/Standalone/juce_StandaloneFilterApp.cpp

But you don’t need to modify it. Initial window position is defined in
class StandaloneFilterApp : public JUCEApplication
located at /JUCE/modules/juce_audio_plugin_client/Standalone/juce_StandaloneFilterApp.cpp
via access to settings file (PropertiesFile::Options)

And all you need to do is find where is your settings file stored in your computer. In my case (MacOS) it’s
~/Library/Application Support, you can define
<VALUE name="windowX" val="<YourValue>"/> there to statically move window wherever you want without any modifications to existing code!

Now I can have full power of dual monitors! Yay!

Nice one!