Step the Caelidh on we go, heel for heel and toe for toe

Should I put Step-whatever-the-fuck-its-called up as open?
I mean so other people can do stuff to it but it remains the same codebase?
I mean a lot of it is just verbatim Mods Delphi to my (inexperienced) C++
Mods would you want to do anything with it? Think I’ll need you to help me debug processReplacing (well JUCE equivalent) anyway.
Together we could make a really shit hot cross-platform steppie.

Just a thought. If no interest I’ll continue with my rewrite until its not a steppie anymore.

Is it possible to put CVS on adbe?

sure, put put it up. That was the point of it all in the first place… hoping there might be some people with the initiative to start toying with the code. BTW, don’t worry about feeling the need to keep moding it until it’s no longer based on stepchild. I really don’t care about any of that… I just like learning new things… there could be 40 stepchilds just like there are tons of reverbs based on freeverb… it doesn’t matter to me one bit. If Tobybear didn’t give away his template for free I would have never gotten into this stuff in the first place. So go for it!

My motto… work on it til you get bored, then try something else… hhehe! I’d love to look at the source! I’m sure others too!!
:smiley:

I’m actually more worried about getting slagged for writing shite code!

:oops:

Mods. just sent you the code.

Hah! stepchild is fucking aweful code! so I’ll take the heat… in the end I just say. “it works don’t it? does it crash? nnnooooo…” :lol:

the package has arrived at my door… now to open it! :roll: :shock:

it won’t compile…

c:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include\WinGDI.h(3375) : error C2063: ‘JUCE::Rectangle’ : not a function
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\include\WinGDI.h(3375) : error C2373: ‘JUCE::Rectangle’ : redefinition; different type modifiers

ARGH! :lol:

wait… seems like a whole chunk of it is missing, or am I on crack?

Sorry 'forms I missed your question above,

I think it is possible to run a cvs server on adbe, but I saw there is a security hole in CVS that they are in the process of fixing, so I’ll hold off for a while

Hell. I’d run it from here. but i shut down everyso.

how do you set up cvs? maybe I can run it from subminimal…

go here:

https://www.cvshome.org/

but read the importnant announcement on their main page and consider carefully. :wink:

I installed CVSNT at home as the CVS server and using WinCVS as the GUI frontend, it works very well so far! I am just cannot write a single source line without version control, old habits :shock:

If someone needs some help with CVS just tell me

[quote=“ost12666”]I installed CVSNT at home as the CVS server and using WinCVS as the GUI frontend, it works very well so far! I am just cannot write a single source line without version control, old habits :shock:

If someone needs some help with CVS just tell me[/quote]

Any tips and advice would be most appreciated. I’d like a single-developer home setup. Does it work with VS? How intrusive to workflow is it? Are there more modern alternatives?

Yes, e.g. Subversion:
http://subversion.tigris.org/

CVS sucks completely when handling binary files. :roll:

I use subversion at home, work, and at the university. And I’ve used the heck out of CVS in the past, subversion is far nicer.

let it be said that subversion is FUCKING BRILLIANT!!! THANKYOU!!!