Suggestion: Indication for Files Marked to not Compile

Hi Jules,

When using the Introjucer, it’s not possible to tell if a file has been checked to not compile by looking at the tree view. For better user-friendliness, I would like to suggest placing some indicator atop of the file icons.

Something simple like this, perhaps:
[attachment=0]Demonstration.png[/attachment]

Great idea. While we’re at it, being able to select multiple files and mark them Excluded from compilation would be handy too.

Good idea!

It would also be quite useful to be able to mark files to not compile on a per build basis (i.e. win, osx, etc).

Have done the OP’s suggestion now, which was an easy 5-minute job.

Frongo + Vinnie: thanks, both nice ideas but both would be complicated to implement, so will have to wait.

Thanks Jules!

I can’t speak for per-exporter settings, but to allow changing multiple files setting for “Exclude from build” at a time, you could just add it as a menu item when you right click - the file tree view already supports multiple selection.

Ah yes, I guess a menu would be an easy trick for that.

(Per-exporter settings would open quite a large and wriggly can of worms, as it’d require deep changes to the project model)

While you’re at it, a shade on icons for files that have been modified but not yet saved would be nice.

If one fat fingers a CTRL/CMD+S there’s not much indication of that until the lost work fairy comes by to mess with the day.

[quote]While you’re at it, a shade on icons for files that have been modified but not yet saved would be nice.

If one fat fingers a CTRL/CMD+S there’s not much indication of that until the lost work fairy comes by to mess with the day.[/quote]

That would be handy!

Yes, that’s something I’ve been meaning to do, thanks for the reminder…