We have been patiently waiting. But I have given up hope that the video of the second part of your Developing Graphical User Interfaces with JUCE summit 2015 presentation will ever be available. Therefore my request:
May you summarise it here for us?
(Or share your keynote presentation if you consider it helpful)
The topics were (taken from the video part 1):
- The Graphics class and the different rendering engines
- Geometry classes, paths, affine transforms
- Performance of different types of drawing primitive
- Fonts and text
- Drawing images and drawing into them
- SVG and Drawables
- Opacity and clipping tricks to improve performance
- Animation, fading in/out
I’m especially eager to hear about 7. Or anything that improves the performance in particular.
You mentioned setPaintingIsUnclipped() in part 1 and such advise is great! But it’s something one doesn’t figure out by only using a profiler. So sharing your advice here would be awesome!