SVG Image text not appearing

Hello …

I was trying to load SVG file, I saw that if I load it in SVG viewer (gimp/PS) I am able to see whole Image with few text in it.

But Using juce when I loaded SVG Image, it is not loading up text data ? can any one focus on that what could be wrong ? How can i get it shown into the image ?

Thnks mates…

Not surprising, I never added support for SVG text.

To add it would be a huge task - text is by far the more complicated section of the SVG spec, and would be really complicated to implement, IIRC.

Ok Jules , Thanks for your response…
Not a good question to ask but … asking formally .
When in the near future you are planning to add text parsing support into the svg parser ?

[quote=“acn”]Ok Jules , Thanks for your response…
Not a good question to ask but … asking formally .
When in the near future you are planning to add text parsing support into the svg parser ?[/quote]

It’d be nice to have, but isn’t on my to-do-list, I’m afraid. It could take weeks to make it work, and you’re the only person who’s ever asked for it!

Here's the second one ;)

Jules, Do you have any feeling for how complicated it would be to add just "basic" text support, i.e. correct positioning and height of text ?

Your vote has been registered! I really don't know TBH, but I remember the SVG spec being pretty complicated on the subject of text.

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/text.html

The hardest bit would be correct bi-directional text support.

Hi,

you must convert your text to curves, this way it will work perfectly.

Paulo

But I do not want to convert the text to curves... :(  Anyway, hopefully Inkscape in next release can export a new SVG without text elements (but as paths), then I'll be able to incorporate the conversion into my CMake build workflow!