Test drive my 'peggy (vst)

Hey. My first plugin ever is nearing completion. I was wondering if you guys would indulge me and give it a test run? And give me some feedback.

[Removed - new version below] Source included, but dont look at it, it will burn your eyes.

Its a pattern arpeggiator. So your host need to be able to route midi between synths.

The gui features a bunny in stylish grey. The c-button is for clearing the grid. The rest is self explanatory.

On my todo list is to make it offset the pattern relative to the bar start if the sequencer is playing. As it is now, it just resets when no keys are down.

And maybe add programs, but I’m not decided on that.

edit:
Does it work at all? Maybe I uploaded the wrong version?

Well I found errors my self. There seems to be some wonkyness with regards to how some vars are initialized. :?

Say… whats the difference between loading an fxp and restoring a saved project in terms of what happens to a plug? See, peggy doesn’t update the gui when I load a saved project (or edit in tracktion speak) but it does set all the params right.
Fxp loading/saving works well though.

i couldn’t get it to output anything :frowning:

:frowning:

Did you try shaking it around a bit? Sometimes it takes some prodding. Oh, and in case it wasn’t clear you need to put midi into it, and then outputs the same note.

Did you try shaking it around a bit? Sometimes it takes some prodding. Oh, and in case it wasn’t clear you need to put midi into it, and then outputs the same note.[/quote]

oops, sorry, got it working now :slight_smile: had it on a low tempo (without a note in the first column)and wasn’t holding a key down long enough! doh

Yeah… sometimes it skips the first beat too. I think it has to do with the initialising because its fine after that.

Fixed the most glaring bugs. It works pretty well now. HERE

Still, It wont update the gui when its loaded with a project, but the data is right, it just doesnt show until you yank a slider. :smiley:

Hints as to where that bug might be would be appreciated.

trigger a gui (if any) update after you load the fxp ?

No, fxp loading worked all along. It was the automatic restore when you load it with a project that was wonky. I fixed it though, I simply snag the parameters from the filter in the editors constructor. I just didn’t know I had to do that. :slight_smile: