TextEditor in PopupMenu - is it possible? [SOLVED]

I'm trying to create a small popup with some editable text fields. I tried adding a simple Component containing the TextEditors as a custom item to a PopupMenu. The widget displays allright, but the text fields are not editable. I guess they can't get the keyboard focus for some reason. How can i accomplish what i'm trying here? I'd prefer popup style, where the popup simply goes away when clicked outside, over a dialog with a close button. I'm developing this to a plugin, if that makes any difference.

CallOutBox looks promising!

A CallOutBox is probably the easiest thing. There's an example in the JUCE demo, I think it shows a colour selector from one of the Widgets pages.

Yes, I've been testing CallOutBox and it seems to work very well for this kind of thing. The host intercepts some keys, space for example. Is there a way to force a CallOutBox to capture all keyboard input? Is it really possible for the host software to prevent certain keys from being captured by a plugin, and there's nothing we can do about it, or is there a workaround? I'm willing to go some length to achieve this. Failing to let the user enter a space character, in a preset name for example, is simply not acceptable.