The future of JUCE

8 Likes

That’s great, this will help understanding existing code so much and makes developing so much faster!
I will mark the day in my calendar to never forget this groundbreaking changes!

Here is this message in emojies:
:kissing::kissing_closed_eyes::roll_eyes::drooling_face::roll_eyes::heart_eyes::wink::star_struck:!
:relieved::ok_hand::eyes::nail_care::deer:
:pig:

3 Likes

It’s long been recognised that one of the hardest problems in programming is naming things.

Don’t know why we’re the first to realise that the simple solution to this problem is to just remove the names… Anyway, looking forward to this being the start of a whole new generation of coding!

Personally, after you’ve added some SIMD, I’m must admit I was quite surprised no qubit processing is included with this commit. :frowning:

Shouldn’t it be simple as adding another header and defining the new code styling to compile with quantum machines?

The quantum classes are both in the repo and not in the repo. Whether or not their wave-function collapses into actual code is a random event that happens when you do a git pull.

9 Likes

I am not a big emoji user. Here’s the part that really scares me: We will soon be transitioning the entire JUCE codebase to EXCLUSIVELY Having emoji’s looks like a good option to add, but surely you don’t mean to say that emojis will be used EXCLUSIVELY … no conventional coding allowed ! That’s got to be clarified.

The idea is to transition the entire JUCE codebase to exclusively using emojis in exactly today in a year from now.

2 Likes

1 april joke?

:stuck_out_tongue:

OK, It is April 1. Let’s hope this is a joke.

I have already done most of the emoji porting in my own code since the guys told me about this a few months later. It’s so much better now working with JUCE and C++ using emojis instead of names everywhere ! My productivity increased 10 times already !

2 Likes

YES PLEASE! It will solve all my problems while coding!:rofl:

[quote="Whether or not their wave-function collapses into actual code is a random event that happens when you do a git pull.
[/quote]
So, essentially git’s normal behaviour…

2 Likes