Tracktion cannot instantiate abstract class

*just a quick edit: this is an empty project

Hey all, i had a break from JUCE for about a year, came back with a new PC, set all things back up and was great. When i decided to install Tracktion, I get 5 errors on Build.

|Error|C1083|Cannot open include file: ‘…/…/3rd_party/rpmalloc/rpallocator.h’: No such file or directory
|Error|C2259|‘tracktion_engine::MelodyneNode::MelodynePlayhead’: cannot instantiate abstract class
|Error|C2259|‘tracktion_engine::MelodyneNode::MelodynePlayhead’: cannot instantiate abstract class
|Error|C2259|‘tracktion_engine::ExternalPlugin::PluginPlayHead’: cannot instantiate abstract class
|Error|C2259|‘tracktion_engine::ExternalPlugin::PluginPlayHead’: cannot instantiate abstract class

two of which are duplicate errors. Any and all insight into this issue is greatly appreciated! thank you.

What branch are you using? You should be using the latest develop of both juce and tracktion_engine.

hi, thanks for the response.
i downloaded the newest JUCE and Tracktion together.

git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/Tracktion/tracktion_engine.git

i downloaded juce straight from

JUCE

Switch tracktion engine to the develop branch. git checkout develop

There will be a version of juce inside tracktion_engine, modules/juce use that version as it is the matching juce version. Don’t use the juce version from the website, it doesn’t get updated very often.

and after using checkout develop, is there anything else i should do to save that? or what? thanks

If you checkout tracktion/develop, don’t forget to do ‘git submodules update --recursive’ to make sure that tracktions’ submodule for JUCE gets updated to the correct branch that tracktion expects (develop) …

I’m building an app with Tracktion and JUCE and have learned that I must update on the regular to keep up with the Tracktion devs, who are pushing things forward mightily …