Tracktion Engine now Open Source!

Hey folks, thank you for sharing this, lots of good things to learn from your work!

Just out of curiosity, I was browsing the source code on GitHub and I noticed the usage of scoped locks in the audio callback (here). I remember Jules and other audio experts say you should never lock the real time thread: is it something done on purpose here? I’d love to hear some feedback on this…

1 Like

There are a couple of these left in from legacy times. We’re in the process of removing them where possible. In some locations (like the one you’ve shown) this is a bit more tricky so may take a bit longer.

2 Likes

Hi - what were these? Intellisense still fails for me when using modules in Juce.

I’ve just added that now so can someone let me know if this helps for them? https://github.com/Tracktion/tracktion_engine/commit/104912a5afcab23b9e38ac21c2f100604c25e596

That’s an hour I’ll never get back. Thanks Microsoft and "Intelli"Sense.

7 Likes

Classic!

Still seems to be messed up.

Really? Are you sure you’re on the develop branch?
Does the JUCE IntelliSense work for you? I’m not sure what else can be done?

Oh man, I thought I switched branches! well there is 30 minutes I will never get back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! The false errors appear to be gone (at least in the files I’ve looked at so far) but autocomplete still seems to be very slow. But that’s not in your control, I guess I have to consider reporting to Microsoft, for what little good that will do.

1 Like

This runs a lot better! Intellisense isn’t slogging on my system. Also looking up definitions is performing much more snappy.

1 Like

I burned at least two hours doing the same thing for juce…

It also messes up the auto-indent now :disappointed:

Ok, rebuilt and as with others, it is working 80% better. :+1:

1 Like
#define BEGIN_TRACKTION_ENGINE_NAMESPACE namespace tracktion_engine {

and trick it!

2 Likes

I would say you are having no problems with stars. :slight_smile:

just imagine if you turned on ALL of the warnings in Xcode lol

You should probably create a post for this so it doesn’t get lost. :slight_smile: (in the tracktion engine tag)

Will do. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like