Traktion7/Linux distorting like crazy when debugging with lldb attached

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any experience debugging plugins on Linux or when attached to Tracktion as a host ?

I’ve recently jumped into developing on Linux for a while and moved over a simple Plugin. I was pretty amazed as it’s the first time I’ve tested out JUCE’s cross platform abilities and after a few minor tweaks I was able to build and run everything without issue in my new spangly copy of Traktion7.

Great.

I can attach to Tracktion7 with lldb via the command line (I’m developing using a neovim setup with plugins and lldb) and set and hit breakpoints no problem.

However whenever I have my debugger attached to Tracktion the audio output distorts horrifically. As soon as I exit/dettach lldb everything is fine again and Tracktion is totally happy with the plugin in either DEBUG or RELEASE buiilds.

Anyone have any ideas ? Am I making some newbie mistake ?

I ask as previously debugging the same code/plugin on OSX with Logic as host and XCode lldb gave me no issues or distortion.

Thanks.

Did you try the JuceDemoHost? It has the same plugin handling code and it’s a much more simple application, so it should work better for debugging.