Trouble traversing TableListBox cell components

I have a TableListBox containing Components in many of the cells, one of which is a Label. I am trying to set up tab focus traversal, such that hitting tab will bring the Label in the row below into focus.

Component* myTable::refreshComponentForCell (int rowNumber, int columnId, bool isRowSelected, Component* component)
{
    Label* cellLabel = (Label*) component;

if (cellLabel == nullptr && columnId == kLabelColumn)
    {
        cellLabel = new Label ("cellLabel");
        cellLabel->setExplicitFocusOrder (rowNumber + 1);

return cellLabel;
    }
}

But hitting the tab button just resumes its traversal around the other components on my GUI. If I call

then no traversal happens. Is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks,

This happens with v1.5.3 on Windows. I have written a test application on Mac using the latest version of juce in the repo and behaviour is consistent.

Are you using the git repository, or the Sourceforge download (I think the latter)? JUCE is now at v2.0.18…

See http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7660 for details.

2-0-18 from the git repo. I am using 1-5-3 on Windows and the behaviour is the same.

I am really relying on the tab key to increase speed of workflow, so its kind of essential it’s included as a feature. And having the labels contained in TableListBox cells is a massive convenience for sorting, re-ordering and row selection purposes.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

OK, so I’ve been experimenting and none of the hacks I’ve tried work/ are elegant enough to warrant implementation. Decided to write my own custom component to circumvent the issue.

Although not essential, tabbing between row/ cell components would be useful feature, especially if the components are intended to be editable.

There are probably ways it could be done neatly using a custom KeyboardFocusTraverser, but would require some tinkering to find out exactly what needs to be done.