Unable to find toolchain

Hi guys,

I'm just trying to compile and run a blank juce project in Android Studio. I followed the steps in the tips tricks known issues thread, it tackled most of my problems but I get:

Error:Unable to find toolchain: /Users/daggepagge/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/llvm-3.6/prebuilt

Anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks

I switched to gcc 4.9 in the introdjucer and got around that but now im getting:

The currently selected variant "armeabi-v7a-debug" uses split APKs, but none of the 1 split apks are compatible with the current device with density "420" and ABIs "x86".
Error while Installing APK

Anyone knows anything about this one?

So I made an arm AVD so I got around that but now I get:

$ adb shell am start -n "com.yourcompany.androidtest/com.yourcompany.androidtest.AndroidTest" -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER

Unexpected error while executing: am start -n "com.yourcompany.androidtest/com.yourcompany.androidtest.AndroidTest" -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER
Error while Launching activity

Anyone? :)

OK, so the problem with llvm-3.6 "unable to find toolchain" is a bug in the gradle wrapper (= it's on the Google side). I am asking them to get it fixed asap, but I can't do much more about it.

As a really dirty workaround, you can go to where your NDK is installed (on a Mac usually ~/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle), find the folder toolchains/llvm, and rename it to toolchains/llvm-3.6.

If you're using the gcc toolchain instead (Google is advising against that), it should work. I cannot reproduce your "Error while Launching activity". Could you tell me some reproduction steps, starting with a new Introjucer Project from scratch?

FYI, so that you know what's going on: I filed that bug here

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=204761

Let's hope they fix it soon. For the time being, use either the gcc toolchain or Android Studio 2.0, or the dirty workaround I described above (not recommended).

Don't rename the folder, just make a softlink:

cd /opt/android-sdk/ndk-bundle/toolchains/
ln -s llvm llvm-3.8

The only version I got was 3.8 so I changed the setting in the jucer-file and linked the right one. You can get the version by running (in the above directory):

llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/clang --version

Hi, I was also getting the same error while running app on Nexus 5x and i created the soft link just as you said but I am still getting the error. Any clue? Thanks in advance.