Undefined Symbol Error with HDF5

I’m currently developing an app that converts a surround, multi-channel audio file to binaural surround using HRIR convolution.

I’ve decided to use SOFA files for the HRIRs, however I’ve been getting various “Undefined symbol” errors from elements related to the HDF5 library when trying to build on Xcode. I’ve tried to link the library both in JUCE and Xcode, but have so far been unable to fix the problem.

Here are a couple of the errors in full:

“Undefined symbol: _H5check_version”
“Undefined symbol: _H5open”

When I attempt to link the HDF5 library, I get errors such as these for whatever pathname I provide:

“Library not found for -l/usr/local/lib/libhdf5.a”

It’s my first time working with this library in JUCE, and any advice or recommended resources would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

In the Projucer, you’ll need to add the library name (hdf5) in the “External Libraries to Link” field of the exporter settings, and the path to the library in the “Extra Library Search Paths” field of the exporter’s configuration settings.

1 Like

Thanks for your help with this (and sorry for the late reply - thread updates were not going to my inbox).

Fortunately, I was finally able to link HDF5 via the exporter settings and get this working.