v1.24

I can confirm this. Building JUCE on three different installs of VSE all throw up a bunch of data loss warnings.

On VCExpress? …then why don’t I get any warnings? Not fair! I’ve got my warning level turned up to full…

\juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(725) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(1516) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void juce::transformedImageRender<juce::PixelARGB,juce::PixelARGB>(juce::Image &,const juce::Image &,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,float,float,const double,const double,const double,const double,const uint8,const juce::Graphics::ResamplingQuality,DestPixelType *,SrcPixelType *)' being compiled with [ DestPixelType=juce::PixelARGB, SrcPixelType=juce::PixelARGB ] \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(726) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(793) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(794) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(725) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(1524) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void juce::transformedImageRender<juce::PixelARGB,juce::PixelRGB>(juce::Image &,const juce::Image &,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,float,float,const double,const double,const double,const double,const uint8,const juce::Graphics::ResamplingQuality,DestPixelType *,SrcPixelType *)' being compiled with [ DestPixelType=juce::PixelARGB, SrcPixelType=juce::PixelRGB ] \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(726) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(793) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(794) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(725) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(1539) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void juce::transformedImageRender<juce::PixelRGB,juce::PixelARGB>(juce::Image &,const juce::Image &,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,float,float,const double,const double,const double,const double,const uint8,const juce::Graphics::ResamplingQuality,DestPixelType *,SrcPixelType *)' being compiled with [ DestPixelType=juce::PixelRGB, SrcPixelType=juce::PixelARGB ] \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(726) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(793) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(794) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(725) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(1547) : see reference to function template instantiation 'void juce::transformedImageRender<juce::PixelRGB,juce::PixelRGB>(juce::Image &,const juce::Image &,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,const int,float,float,const double,const double,const double,const double,const uint8,const juce::Graphics::ResamplingQuality,DestPixelType *,SrcPixelType *)' being compiled with [ DestPixelType=juce::PixelRGB, SrcPixelType=juce::PixelRGB ] \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(726) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(793) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data \juce\src\juce_appframework\gui\graphics\contexts\juce_LowLevelGraphicsSoftwareRenderer.cpp(794) : warning C4244: '+=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'float', possible loss of data

On VCExpress? …then why don’t I get any warnings? [/quote]

No idea. My installs[1] are pretty much vanilla, 'cos I don’t yet know enough about VC to do much monkeying with config.

FWIW I have warnings set to W3 and 64 portability warnings on (at least on the machine I’m looking at currently).

[1] home laptop and desktop - both previously had betas installed. Work PC - fully virgin install.

Well, there’s your problem.

aha! Looks like one of my standard C header files was disabling these warnings… I’ve added some push/pops around the bit where I include them, and that gets me lots of lovely warnings. Seems to be the std header files that come with the platform SDK that are the culprits.

I love the new DocumentWindow with the Min, Max, and Close buttons in the JuceDemo. I notice, however, that the Min and Max buttons are slightly misaligned with the Close button… ie. the space between them and the Close button, as opposed to each other, is somewhat different. Nitpicking, I know, but it is what it is… right? Also when you switch to original look and feel, they seem even more misaligned, and their “button” appearance seems in conflict with the simple “X” of the Close button in that case. Perhaps a stylized “+” and “-” would be better in the original view?

I kind of like the different separations… I know on the mac the buttons are equidistant, but on windows the close button’s a little further away. I’m open to suggestions though - anyone else got an opinion?

And I have to admit I didn’t spend long on the old look and feel. I’ll tart it up a bit when I get a moment.

The spacing looks a little ambiguous, like it might be a mistake. If you move the max/ min buttons a tad closer together, or the close button another pixel away from the others, it might look clearer.

Personally though, I’m more interested in getting consistent looks for the controls. It looks a bit wonky with the sliders being old-shiny and a button next to it being new shiny. But I expect that’s comming sooner or later.

I like how it’s set up on suse linux where there’s a significant gap between the close button and the min/max buttons… no chance of accidentally closing a window you meant to maximize, but it wouldn’t blend in very well with a windows environment (or mac for that matter).

My windows install, all three buttons are perfectly equi-distance… but then again, I don’t use those fancy Fisher-Price looking themes either…

the documentation for the ComponentDragger still shows this as an example…

void mouseDown (const MouseEvent& e)
   {
      myDragger.startDraggingComponent (this, e);
   }

… which is wrong because that function no longer takes a MouseEvent as a second parameter… i can’t find any examples of usage of the ComponentBoundsConstrainer which is a shame, as its existence means my program is broken til i fix it! :slight_smile: time to get back into it all…

Heh, I had to change that in one of my programs yesterday.

closed #34