I wanted to share here my latest project.
When developing, having a default ProcessorEditor is a great help. But once you go to the designing stage, it is always tedious, all the compiling, looking, recompiling…
Also it’s good, if not a developer but a designer does the visual arts. But do we want designers to write C++?
C++ is not the best language to write GUIs with. But it is a great language to write tools. So I wrote a design tool to design, layout, style and colourise a Plugin (and potentially Apps as well, but currently focussing on plugins).
- Offer a default GUI from the audio processor parameters
- Uses audio parameter groups for the layout
- completely styleable via CSS-like structure
- Arranging of layout via drag and drop
- Out-of-the-box visualisers, including an FFT-Analyser and Oscilloscope
- Extensible with your own Components
The editor is a single module, no external dependencies. The editor is compiled in, so it can be edited inside your DAW. With a single setting it is completely removed from your binary.
The definition is stored in XML, but there is no need to ever look into that file.
Have a play around, it’s free to use (BSD-3clause) with the plea, to give back, if you are making money with it…
Feedback is welcome here, as git issue, email to me, discord “theaudioprogrammer” or send me an owl…