VST OSX: "no suitable image found" error


#1

Hi together

A user reported foolowing problem on his OSX 10.5.8 and the plugin crashes while cubase starting up. Cant reproduce the problem on my 10.6 System. The AU with the same code even works on PPC macs.

I did compile the plugin with the 10.5 SDK as target and gcc 4.0, as Universal Binary 32bit.

Stack trace:

20/08/10 2:57:40 PM Cubase 5[1211] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Togu Audio Line/TAL-NoiseMaker.vst/Contents/MacOS/TAL-NoiseMaker: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Togu Audio Line/TAL-NoiseMaker.vst/Contents/MacOS/TAL-NoiseMaker, 262): no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Togu Audio Line/TAL-NoiseMaker.vst/Contents/MacOS/TAL-NoiseMaker: unknown required load command 0x80000022

I made a google search and it seems to be a common error message, but i didnt found out what the problem is until know. Maybe someone can help? I’m shure its just a small thing i miss…

Maybe just a corrupt download… ?

Thanks.


#2

Looks like a pretty fundamental problem, and I’ve never seen anything like that before. Yes, perhaps a corrupt file, though that’s such a rare thing to see… Has your product been hacked, perhaps? Could be a dodgy cracked binary?


#3

Thanks for the reply. Its freeware, i dont think its hacked. But it really seems that hacked applications having same issues. Think there is a problem with the download. I zip my files for the download, but it seems that OSX users can open even not complete zip files. Zip’s normally are corrupt if they are incomplete… i remember one case where the user only had the plist file in the zip, because i made a new upload the same time.

This user downloaded different versions of the plugin and always had the same issue. Maybe a complete rebuild of the plugin helps. But its wired, because it works on 10.6.


#4

Weird. Sorry, I don’t remember ever seeing anything like that before!


#5

Im still working on this. I know now that the download of the user definitively wasnt corrupt. He tried the same plugin on 10.6 and it worked. Its an endless story, but im not alone:

Will write the solution in this thread wehne i found it.


#6

Ok, its a shame - it seems that i dont know much about OSX stuff :oops:

I built the plugin with the 10.5 SDK but i forgot to change the deployment target to 10.5 Was still set to “compiler default”. Looks that the comiler took 10.6 (my current os). Its confusing to me to have to choose a SDK and a deploment target…
The plugin now works in 10.5.8 too.