What's this Drawables business?

Okay I’ve been looking at the Drawables code…and I’m a little confused. What’s the point of all this? I have to provide 8 separate objects just for a button?

It seems like something that could in theory be helpful for what I’m doing but I don’t really understand it. What are the primary benefits of Drawable objects and controls? Is there documentation somewhere?

It’s for vector graphics, but they’re still not finished. It’s all part of the grand plan for the new jucer, and they’re not designed to be used manually, they’ll be generated automatically by the UI designer and serialised as XML graphics objects. But please don’t start a discussion about them, I’ve really not got time to get involved.

Sadly…I don’t use Jucer

Nobody does yet, I’m still writing the new one.

I mean the old one

right… but I was talking about the new one! The old one doesn’t use drawables.

I mean the old one[/quote]

I kinda like the old one. Having to recompile to get your look and feel in there is a bit of a pain, but once you get this running, it can become a fairly useful tool. Any further issues with the old Jucer are probably moot at this point.

The old jucer is an awesome and extremely usefull tool ! I don’t know how you can not use it :slight_smile:
I can’t wait to see the new one in action !