Why I am Returning to JUCE

I have been a beginner at programming in C and C++ since 2007. This is because most of the programming I do is for my website.

In 2007, I studied a book called “C How to Program.” The goal of the author was to write a book about the art of programming, in which the use of the programming language in the examples was of minimal relevance.

Reading this book made me much better at programming in JavaScript and PHP.

For years my audio engineering needs have been met with VST plug-ins created by other people. Now I am ready to apply my mind to C++ again, because I would like to use some VST plug-ins that do not exist yet.

Here is one tool I may have to create for myself. Using the equation below with FFT analysis is reputed to detect the absence of fundamental frequencies in aperiodic wave forms.

result = sin (signal * 4 ) + sin (signal * 6 ) + sin (signal * 8) + sin (signal * 10)

If the absence of a fundamental can be detected, the missing fundamental could be artificially replaced. A company called Audio Control used to market a consumer electronics device called the Phase Coupled Activator (PCA) that replaced missing deep bass fundamentals. Audio Control has no interest in marketing this technology as a VST plug-in.

The PCA is the least forgiving signal processor I have ever used. Its single dial is labeled “Detection Ratio.” Setting this control too low sounds just as bad as setting it too high. However, when the PCA is correctly calibrated, the restoration of the fundamentals makes the harmonics come to life.

No real question there :sweat_smile:

If the absence of a fundamental can be detected, the missing fundamental could be artificially replaced. A company called Audio Control used to market a consumer electronics device called the Phase Coupled Activator (PCA) that replaced missing deep bass fundamentals. Audio Control has no interest in marketing this technology as a VST plug-in.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/maxxbass#adding-deep-low-frequencies-with-maxxbass This waves plugin does a similar thing.

…and reFuse LowEnder… but they don’t add the fundamentals… they add harmonics.

https://www.refusesoftware.com/faq/11

Rail