Windows On-Screen Keyboard... It's everywhere!

Hi, since updating to 4.3.1 the windows on-screen keyboard is popping up at every opportunity… it’s extremely annoying to say the least, esp as I have it disabled:

Anyone know how to disable this?? thx

Oh dear. Sounds like a JUCE bug. I’ll investigate…

OK this should be fixed on develop now.

great, will try it out shortly and let you know…

fixed, thanks!..

I just pushed a hot-fix for this on master and re-uploaded all the JUCE binaries.

I may also have seen a leak (possibly to do with OnScreen keyboard change… ) on a little library I’m working on
Essentially all I did was build a blank HellowWorld type project.
The leak I saw seems to be related to OSK, but I can’t say it definitely there or wasn’t there before recent changes… If I see it again, I’ll paste info here.

‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Users\xxxxxxx xxxxxxx\Documents\Devel\Sandpit\LookForLeak\Builds\VisualStudio2013\Debug\LookForLeak.exe’. Symbols loaded.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.18837_none_ec86b8d6858ec0bc\comctl32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\wininet.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-downlevel-user32-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-downlevel-shlwapi-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-downlevel-version-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\version.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-downlevel-normaliz-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\normaliz.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\iertutil.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-downlevel-advapi32-l1-1-0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\userenv.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\profapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\nsi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll’
JUCE v4.3.1
’LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\cryptbase.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d\comctl32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\propsys.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntmarta.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\Wldap32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\devobj.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\WindowsCodecs.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Users\xxxxxxx xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxExt.3.0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Users\xxxxxxx xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxExt.3.0.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Users\xxxxxxx xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxExt.3.0.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Users\xxxxxxx xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxExt.3.0.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\EhStorShell.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\EhStorShell.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\EhStorShell.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntshrui.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntshrui.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntshrui.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\srvcli.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\cscapi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\slc.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\cryptsp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\rsaenh.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\RpcRtRemote.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\mscms.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\d2d1.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\DWrite.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dxgi.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\d3d10warp.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dxgidebug.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\wintrust.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x1020 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x180 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x12c8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x16a8 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x1194 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x1340 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\d3d10warp.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\DWrite.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\d2d1.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll’
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dxgi.dll’
The thread 0x13f4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Detected memory leaks!
Dumping objects ->
{189} normal block at 0x00A9CFD0, 28 bytes long.
Data: < z > C4 15 7A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Object dump complete.
The thread 0x1578 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0x10cc has exited with code 0 (0x0).
‘LookForLeak.exe’ (Win32): Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\netutils.dll’. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The program ‘[3488] LookForLeak.exe’ has exited with code 0 (0x0).

For me, at least, 189 appears to be just about where the OSK is instanced (NOTE, I’m running on a Win 7 32bit ancient laptop, and aren’t using an OSK, but I am using a wireless keyboard)

Here’s my project file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Not sure quoting the project worked… I can send it if you’d like

I’ve just pushed a fix for this.