WIP VST: Conductor - Live chord chart

Hi Everyone,

I’ve spent the last month learning how to work with JUCE, and I finally have an early alpha screenshot :slight_smile:

I’m making a VST plugin which I’m calling “Conductor” to help me learn and perform songs on the guitar.

Basically, it’s like karaoke for chords (though I’ll probably add in lyrics and popup reminders before I finish).

For now I’m just using xml to enter song data (on the left) but the layout is working quite nicely (on the right). I’ll add in controls for visually editing the chord chart soon.

I’ve also implemented a controllable parameter thingy so that your daw can tell conductor where it is in the playback. I’m currently working on the code that highlights the beat you are currently up to and the ones you’ve already played.

Do you think this is something that other people might find useful and does anyone have any suggestions / feature requests?

Did some UI concepting at lunch:

Getting there slowly:

This is proper layout in Studio One now (the first screenshot was just a mockup).

Small update, moved a few things around, packed in the longest song I know to pile on a bit of load:

Coded a menu bar system today, can add a row of three state buttons with a couple of lines of code now: