64 bit VST hosting crash, juce tip

Using windows, juce tip, x64 vst hosting crashes when loading a 64bit vst upon calling first dispatch.

I think its related to the type warnings present in juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp when compiling x64 code:

1>z:\libs\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp(1428): warning C4244: ‘=’ : conversion from ‘juce::VstIntPtr’ to ‘int’, possible loss of data
1>z:\libs\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp(2648): warning C4244: ‘argument’ : conversion from ‘juce::VstIntPtr’ to ‘juce::VstInt32’, possible loss of data
1>z:\libs\juce\modules\juce_audio_processors\format_types/juce_VSTPluginFormat.cpp(2650): warning C4244: ‘argument’ : conversion from ‘juce::VstIntPtr’ to ‘juce::VstInt32’, possible loss of data

Do you have a stack trace?

It seems incredibly unlikely that those warnings were related to a crash, but I have cleaned up that code to avoid the warnings now if you want to try it.

Im sorry. I got it to work even before pulling the warning fix. It was a bug on my side of the hosting, but i got sidetracked by the warnings.
Everything is fine, juce in particular :slight_smile: