AAX Update change to wrapper…

I had to change the AAX wrapper slightly to compile with the new SDK version…

in void addAudioProcessorParameters()

AAX_CString paramName (audioProcessor.getParameterName (parameterIndex, 31).toRawUTF8());

AAX_IParameter* parameter  = new AAX_CParameter<float> (IndexAsParamID (parameterIndex),
                                                 paramName,
                                                 audioProcessor.getParameterDefaultValue (parameterIndex),
                                                 AAX_CLinearTaperDelegate<float, 0>(),
                                                 AAX_CNumberDisplayDelegate<float, 3>(),
                                                 audioProcessor.isParameterAutomatable (parameterIndex));

The AAX_CParameter constructor has changed (parameter 2)

Thanks,

Rail

Or the cleaner:

AAX_IParameter* parameter
                    = new AAX_CParameter<float> (IndexAsParamID (parameterIndex),
                                                 (AAX_CString) audioProcessor.getParameterName (parameterIndex, 31).toRawUTF8(),
                                                 audioProcessor.getParameterDefaultValue (parameterIndex),
                                                 AAX_CLinearTaperDelegate<float, 0>(),
                                                 AAX_CNumberDisplayDelegate<float, 3>(),
                                                 audioProcessor.isParameterAutomatable (parameterIndex));

Just cast parameter 2 to an AAX_CString (which should be backward compatible).

Rail

Thanks for the heads up. This is fixed on the newest tip.

Thanks. I see you went with option a (my first post)… Option b works just as well.

Cheers,

Rail

Yes. I tried both. I just thought your option a) was a bit more readable. Shouldn’t be any difference in terms of what the compiler generates (after optimisations), right? Or am I overlooking something?

Nope… they’re both the same… just wasn’t sure which Jules would prefer :wink:

Cheers,

Rail