Android build errors after JUCE 6.0.5 to 6.0.7 update

Hi, I’m trying to update JUCE (6.0.5 → 6.0.7) especially because I want to have the latest Oboe version (1.5) for my Android app, and I’ve encountered several issues. My app links with JUCE built as a dynamic lib.

1. I’m hitting a nullptr dereference in Oboe which seems to be fixed already.

Please update Oboe so I don’t need to patch JUCE

2. Build fails with the following error: “JUCE/modules/juce_gui_basics/native/juce_android_Windowing.cpp:1676:39: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘JUCE_PUSH_NOTIFICATIONS_ACTIVITY’”
This forces me to set Push Notifications Capability to Enabled, even though I don’t need any push notifications.

3. Having Push Notifications activated leads to a runtime crash:
JNI DETECTED ERROR IN APPLICATION: JNI NewGlobalRef called with pending exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn’t find class “com.rmsl.juce.JuceActivity” on path:

Are there any changes needed to be done in my Java/C++ bridge to accommodate the diff between JUCE 6.0.5 → 6.0.7 or is this something that was broken due to @ed95 's commit ?Android: Fixed a crash when juce_gui_extra is not present · juce-framework/JUCE@a766707 · GitHub

Thanks

We’ve integrated the Oboe fix in f2df19f. bd86eb6 should fix the compile issue when building with push notifications disabled but I was unable to reproduce the runtime crash when enabled. It may be that this commit also fixes this but please let us know if you’re still seeing the crash.

All good! Thanks