Announcing beta CLion support in the Projucer

Hey Tom,

Really liking this Clion support. I am a big fan of Jetbrains’ products.

One question I have, using the Mingw toolchain, I find my linking time is astonishingly lengthy. Like several minutes, and I don’t have a huge project or any more dependencies than JUCE.

I have a feeling this must be a flag that’s missing from some linker options, but I’d be able to narrow down the cause if I knew if other JUCE users had similar experiences linking with that toolchain.

Had the exact same problem, which is why I switched to Linux for C++ dev.

Okay, that makes sense. Funny enough, having VS 2015 installed, Clion can use that as a toolchain too - it doesn’t support debugging with it however, but it links the same project in about 0.1 seconds. My guess is that MinGW / ld is statically linking to the system libs while VS is avoiding that with dynamic linking.

That’s so odd. I would prefer to export something to CMake (via CLion exporter) just to get my hand on a CMakeLists.txt that I can then use with CMake the usual way.

I guess that’s not how it was intended to be used?

Hi all,

Maybe this is a dumb question but where did all the header files get to in clion?
Ones like PluginProcessor.h …
I can’t seem to find them in the clion project anywhere.
I have the latest version of juce and clion and OSX 10.13.2
Thanks for your advice.
Would love to avoid xcode !
Sean

Try changing the root directory. The standard root is the folder of the CMakeLists file. You can change the root like this: Tools -> CMake -> Change project root
And then select the folder that contains your .jucer file (works best for me).