Hello JUCE community,
I’m literally new to the framework and I’m unable to run a simple hello world VST plugin using Ubuntu 21.04 in Clion. I was able to run the project manually but I don’t know how to make the task easier.
This is what I’ve done:
- I cloned the git repository to my home folder: GitHub - juce-framework/JUCE: JUCE is an open-source cross-platform C++ application framework for desktop and mobile applications, including VST, VST3, AU, AUv3, RTAS and AAX audio plug-ins.
- Installed all the dependencies I found on /doc/Linux_dependencies.md with the command
sudo apt update sudo apt install libasound2-dev libjack-jackd2-dev \ ladspa-sdk \ libcurl4-openssl-dev \ libfreetype6-dev \ libx11-dev libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev libxcursor-dev libxext-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev \ libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev \ libglu1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev
cd buildand executed projucer
- Made a new project called CChords using the template Plug-in Basic
- Saved the project into
- I changed directory
- I built as well the AudioPluginHost following the same procedure in
- I launched from terminal AudioPluginHost and refreshed manually the plugins until I found my CChords.
- On the Plug-in Host I clicked on show plugin GUI button and there it was !
Unfortunately, I was unable to set something easily with CLion for instance open the makefile project edit the source and when I hit the run button I can have everything set.
I tried to open the folder
~/Documents/plugin/CChords/ with Clion and then I was unable to build it or run it with Clion. Does anyone knows how to configure Clion with JUCE in a convenient way?
I’m happy to start coding with JUCE and I hope someone else use Clion on Linux