ASIO crashes on windows 10

I have a customer who is experiencing consistent crashes when attempting to select his Focusrite interface via the ASIO driver on a 64 bit windows 10 machine. His drivers are up-to-date and he’s using a 2nd gen Scarlett 18i8.

I know that there was an issue previously with the 64bit Focusrite drivers on Windows (ASIO Devices crashing in 64bit) but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue coming back. I cannot recreate the problem on my machines, but he is able to recreate it reliably with the JUCE audioPluginHost demo app (built with 5.3.1).

Unfortunately, I don’t have any stack traces from his machine yet, but I’m working on setting up a support session. Any clues in the meantime would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Minor update:

I was able to examine the crash dump. All it says is:
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

It seems to have a problem switching from Window Audio driver to ASIO. I managed to get it to work by manually editing the settings file, setting the device type to ASIO. This allowed me to then start the app and select the Focusrite device. But, if I go back to Windows Audio and then reselect ASIO it crashes again.

I retested this issue with the Audio Host built against 4.3.2 and it is the same.

I have the same focusrite box. And when I choose the ‘FocuiteASIO USB’ option, everything goes quiet, until I realised I needed the Focusrite ‘Software (DAW) playback’ mixer added into the ‘Focusrite Control’ window. I’m using 5.3.2. I’m not getting a crash though.

Thanks for the suggestion. The user’s device is routed correctly, it seems to be just a strange bug around initializing the ASIO driver.