Async MessageBox or AlertWindow with more components

With the whole push for async windows in JUCE apps and the slight sprawl of APIs to wrangle this now, I’m at a bit of a loss as to how I would create an async window (of any kind) that I can insert even a text editor.

In other words, AlertWindow provides a range of APIs to add a text editor, progress bar, etc, except none of those features are available via the MessageBoxOptions.

How would I go about this, or am I misunderstanding something?

DialogWindow?

I’ve nothing against DialogWindow! The reason for not explicitly mentioning it is that it doesn’t fit the regular IxD of AlertWindow, what with all of the icon types available along with the standard ok/cancel or alternative yes/no(/cancel). This means I’d have to reinvent the wheel by creating my own custom component supporting each icon type, and manually roll a ton of logic to add buttons, and so on.

I’m bit rusty on AlertWindow, but aren’t all those static show methods essentially just shortcuts?

You might be able to just declare an AlertWindow, call methods like addTextEditor() then call addToDesktop() to show it to the user.

Would that respect all of the UX and IxD that AlertWindow provides, like setting up the window’s bounds accordingly?

Seems a bit flimsy to me but I’ll give that a test when time permits.