AU automation problem

Hi Jules,
I am trying to import the subversion tree using turtoisesvn but it requires
a user name and password for giving me access to
https://juce.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/juce

Thanks

no, you can download it without a password…

Thanks Jules,
I must have a wrong config of the turtoisesvn

Hi Jules,
I have downloaded the head from the subversion and built the au demofilter but it still does not automate in Logic.

Well I use the same technique as you do in the latest code. Did you see the new virtual method isParameterAutomatable?

I tried adding the following in the DemoJuceFilter.h

bool JUCE_CALLTYPE isParameterAutomatable (int parameterIndex) const {return true;}

or another try

bool isParameterAutomatable (int parameterIndex) const {return true;}
but they do not work in Logic;

what I should do? Have you tried it and it works in Logic 7?

Thanks

I haven’t got logic 7 myself, but it does apparently work for other people.

You say that the code you posted on this thread works for you, so you can easily compare that with what I’ve checked-in - it’s almost identical apart from checking the isParameterAutomatable flag… ?

The code wasn’t post by me but Kenneth, I have tried also Kenneth’s code and it does not work in my case; I tried it with the original JuceDemoAU filter from the latest subversion; this is the reason I continue the discussion.
Kenneth does your code work with Logic? Did you tried it with the jucedemoau filter or your own plugin?

Thanks
Koull (Kyriacos)

Oh, sorry, I didn’t check the names there. You’re not using an empty string for the parameter name, are you? That’d stop it working.

It’s working great for me in logic 7, as I said, 1.44 (not the head) with my changes. Try in XCode, create a new AU carbon project from the templates and see if it works.

Hi Kenneth,
I do not understand your point. When I create an XCode AU carbon project it works I know; the point is to use the Juce plugin framework which outputs au,vst and rtas, did you manage to get the Demojucefilter to work?

Hi Jules. I am compiling the jucedemo filter which returns.

const String DemoJuceFilter::getParameterName (int index)

{

if (index == 0)

return T("gain");

return String::empty;

}

Recap:
When this thread was created the AU automation did not work for all hosts.
After a fix by Jules the AU automation was working for some hosts. Personally I have tested Live 6 and Metro which work fine but still not working in Logic 7.

Jules I believe you need to have access to Logic 7 to test yourself, if this is not possible you can send me the built component so I can test it on my system.
Thanks
Kyriacos

Well if I build it it shouldn’t be any different to you building it. I can’t think what else there could be to try though - am I right in thinking that Logic can see the parameter, but isn’t automating it?

BTW you’re sure that it’s not using an old copy of the plugin? I’ve sometimes spent time wondering why a plugin isn’t working, and then noticed that it’s actually loading an old version of it from a different directory…

Hi Jules,

I am sure I tried the new version of the plugin.
Regarding Logic seeing the parameter I do not know exactly what you mean. There is a built in validation console(in Logic) which shows the juce plugin passing all the tests OK and also recognises the correct number of parameters.
I have notice on some of the apple built in plugins that on some parameters (like delay time) that automation is not allowed whilst on other parameters of the same plugin is allowed. I believe this is done on purpose eg delay time could cause unwanted sound clitches. Which variable(s) is defining if a parameter can be automated in au?

Thanks
Kyriacos

It’s the kAudioUnitParameterFlag_NonRealTime flag that stops a param from being automated, but that won’t get set unless you’ve overridden the isParameterAutomatable method to return false for some of them.