Audio Unit wrapper: editor nodifications not handled

Hi,
There 's a problem with the Audio Unit wrapper. When I modify a parameter from the editor, the DAW doesn’t handle it. Unlike VST, it has no effect on the control surface sliders or on the automated parameters.
After digging a bit into the code, I found the method sendAUEvent that is supposed to send the parameter changed notification to the unit:

void sendAUEvent (const AudioUnitEventType type, const int index) { if (AUEventListenerNotify != 0) { auEvent.mEventType = type; auEvent.mArgument.mParameter.mParameterID = (AudioUnitParameterID) index; AUEventListenerNotify (0, 0, &auEvent); } }

But the notification has no effect, there’s no callback from the unit. Why is there a problem here? May be a listener to juceFilter is missing?
Thanks

It works fine, the problem must be somewhere on your side. Are you calling setParameterNotifyingHost when a slider is modified?

Yes of course I do it. And that’s working very well with VST.
I don’t think it comes from my side because the demo plugin has the same behaviour.
If I load the plugin in Logic, select a parameter to automate, and then move a slider on the GUI, the value automated doesn’t move.
Whereas in the compact window display, moving a slider makes the corresponding automation move.
It should act like in the compact window mode but as far i can see, it doesn’t.
Thanks for your help.

I use Juce 1.53 and Logic Pro 9 on Mac OSX10.6.6.

[quote=“RiphRaph”]Yes of course I do it. And that’s working very well with VST.
I don’t think it comes from my side because the demo plugin has the same behaviour.
If I load the plugin in Logic, select a parameter to automate, and then move a slider on the GUI, the value automated doesn’t move.
Whereas in the compact window display, moving a slider makes the corresponding automation move.
It should act like in the compact window mode but as far i can see, it doesn’t.
Thanks for your help.

I use Juce 1.53 and Logic Pro 9 on Mac OSX10.6.6.[/quote]

See the following forum thread:

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5160

Follow the directions in here. It should fix your issues.

Jules: would you be able to modify the Juce Demo Plugin such that it incorporates the changes from the above thread? Ideally, the example plugin should deal with automation, and other things that people expect out of plugins nowadays.

Thanks,

Sean Costello

That demo needs a complete rewrite, I know.

Hi,
I put beginChangeParamGesture() and endChangeParamGesture() between setParameterNotifyingHost in my editor value changed functions (sliderValueChanged and buttonClicked) and it works!
Thank you for your help.
Raphael

That demo needs a complete rewrite, I know.[/quote]

I don’t know about a complete rewrite, but it could use a few features. I’m gonna start a separate thread for this.

BTW, when you added the sine oscillator controlled by the keyboard to your demo, you created a GREAT plugin for testing other plugins! I often have the Juce Demo plug as part of the signal flow, and use the sine oscillator to test the noise level of my work in progress.

Sean Costello