AU & Midi from Host

Hello all!
Im trying to implement a simple AU synthesizer, by following the example given with the SDK. i have managed to take MIDI signal and produce sound from the keyboard on the gui but i cannot do it by using the host’s piano roll.
I am calling keyboardState.isNoteOn(1, k).
Furthermore i was wondering how can i get the velocity and other midi info from the midi buffer
Thank you in advance!

Have a look in the audio page of the demo app - it uses the incoming buffer from a midi input to trigger the synth, which is basically the same as using the midi buffer that the plugin receives.

Ok i created a mySound, and myVoice Class. In the constructor of the plugins filter i pass them to a synth object, and at the filter’s processBlock function i call the following:

void MyJuceFilter::processBlock (AudioSampleBuffer& buffer,
MidiBuffer& midiMessages)
{

buffer.clear(0,buffer.getNumSamples());

midiCollector.removeNextBlockOfMessages (midiMessages, buffer.getNumSamples());
keyboardState.processNextMidiBuffer (midiMessages, 0, buffer.getNumSamples(), true);
synth.renderNextBlock(buffer, midiMessages,0, buffer.getNumSamples());

}

The result unfortunately is the same and the only Midi signal i still get is the one of the keyboard object. Is is something that i get wrong?

Thank you

Are you 100% sure the host is sending midi messages? You should debug the callback and see if there’s anything actually coming in first.

Im sure that the host sends midi, and after debugging i saw that the Synth’s midi message is empty, and the midiNote is 0. I tried to instantiate a new midi buffer and fill it with the midi messages using :

MidiBuffer incomingMidi;
midiCollector.removeNextBlockOfMessages (incomingMidi, buffer.getNumSamples());

synth.renderNextBlock(buffer, incomingMidi,0, buffer.getNumSamples());

but the same kept happening…
any ideas?
thanks!!

Furthemore (if it helps) i copied the SineWaveVoice and sound classes to my project (and renamed them properly) to see what is happening, and again i get midi only from the keyboard.

Jules as it seems the problem was stated before and i found a solution here!

http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juceforum/viewtopic.php?t=3532

Im sure that the host sends midi, and after debugging i saw that the Synth’s midi message is empty, and the midiNote is 0. I tried to instantiate a new midi buffer and fill it with the midi messages using :

MidiBuffer incomingMidi;
midiCollector.removeNextBlockOfMessages (incomingMidi, buffer.getNumSamples());

synth.renderNextBlock(buffer, incomingMidi,0, buffer.getNumSamples());

but the same kept happening…
any ideas?
thanks!!

Furthemore (if it helps) i copied the SineWaveVoice and sound classes to my project (and renamed them properly) to see what is happening, and again i get midi only from the keyboard.[/quote]