AU parameter automation issue with setValueNotifyingHost

audiounits

For MacOSX AU when I call setValueNotifyingHost in a component, the parameter automation is not recorded in either Ableton or Logic (but does work in Reaper for some reason).

For example, in Ableton running my plugin as AU, I see the little caret in the Ableton GUI parameters panel move around when I call setValueNotifyingHost but the red recording dot does not appear when Ableton is set to record.

Curiously, if I setup a slider attachment and create a slider component for the same parameter, automation is recorded properly and plays back but ONLY if I move the slider.

Why does the slider attachment work but setValueNotifyingHost does not?

By the way, my implementation of setValueNotifyingHost works in the VST, VST3 and iOS AUv3.

Cheers,
Mark

0 Likes

You modified setValueNotifyingHost()? How does your code compare with the original JUCE version?

0 Likes

You have to call beginChangeGesture before setValueNotifyingHost and endChangeGesture after. Usually with slider call beginChangeGesture on mouseDown, setValueNotifyingHost in mouseDrag and endChangeGesture on mouseUp.

2 Likes

@JussiNeuralDSP ahaa! Ok I’ll try that. Thanks a lot.

@HowardAntares I don’t modify it, I meant the implementation of it in my code. Sorry for the confusion.

0 Likes

@JussiNeuralDSP I’m feeling really dumb now, that fixed the issue. Thanks very much ! This forum is a godsend

0 Likes