AU validation error

I get the next validation error:

validating Audio Unit EMpTy250 by ERS:

AU Validation Tool
     Version: 1.6.1a1 
      Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aufx’ - ‘EMpT’ - ‘ERSY’

Manufacturer String: ERS
AudioUnit name: EMpTy250
Component Version: 2.5.0 (0x20500)

• PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit: 110.368 ms
WARM:
Time to open AudioUnit: 0.060 ms
ERROR: Component Version mismatch: Res Vers = 0x20500, Comp Vers = 0x20000
FIRST TIME:
Time for initialization: 0.362 ms

• FAIL

AU VALIDATION FAILED: CORRECT THE ERRORS ABOVE.

What am I doing wrong??

Harrie

I’d say just clean and rebuild ?
This happen to me sometimes when saving from introjucer, that the version is not always fully updated.
Probably some cache …

I will try that. Thank you for the fast response! I am testing on my mini-mac with reaper and that does not need the AU validation…

Harrie

Maybe a bit oftopic…

After downloading :http://developer.apple.com/softwarelicensing/agreements/zip/au_validation_tool.pkg.zip I install this but cannot open it in the terminal because it tells me that I need to install Rosetta… Is that version of AUVal in the age of ppc??

Is this the smartest way to go?? Sorry, I am not that familiar with macs…

Harrie

auval should be installed as part of the XCode development tools. If you type ‘auval’ at the Terminal does it run?

Nope it does not run. It tells me that Rosetta needs to be installed. I found that the AUval I downloaded with this link is from 2004. I am reinstalling Xcode 3.2.6, but it does not automatically upgrade the AUval. I am going to look how to update the AUVal…

Harrie

In the meantime clearing caches and clearing and rebuilding did not resolve the validation error. I am thinking of going back to 2.00 as a version number to solve this one. Anyone any other options not mentioned?? I am using the july pre quake juce.

Harrie

Just a guess, look in your Info.plist and check versioning there too.

btw : My own AU validation, show the Component’s Bundle Version while your doesn’t. Maybe that’s a hint ?

[code]

Manufacturer String: TriTone Digital
AudioUnit Name: ColorTone
Component Version: 2.0.4 (0x20004)
Component’s Bundle Version: 2.0.4[/code]

Actually I would encourage you to spend some time and try go past juce quake in order to use introducer and modules.
Using introjucer curred a lot of these kinds of error for me.