how about implementing some AudioFormatWriters?
Right now we have this situation, correct me if I’m wrong:
- AiffAudioFormat: reads, writes (no 32 bit floating point option, just int?)
- WavAudioFormat: reads, writes (no 32 bit floating point option, just int?)
- FlacAudioFormat: reads, writes (16 and 24 bits)
- OggVorbisAudioFormat: reads, writes
- LAMEAudioFormat: reads, writes, needs external dependancy
- MP3AudioFormat: reads, doesn’t write
- QuickTimeAudioFormat: deprecated? Anyway: reads, doesn’t write, needs external dependancy
- WindowsMediaAudioFormat: reads, doesn’t write, Windows only
- CoreAudioFormat: reads, doesn’t write, Mac/iOS only
It would great if at least the Wav and Aiff formats could write using 32 bits floating point depth. Or maybe I’m misunderstanding the code.
About the other formats, I don’t think that implementing a writer fore the CoreAudioFormat would be an impossible task.
What do you think? Is this something that could be added to your backlog?