I’m wondering if their is a plan to add the next list of features in Juce?
I’ve already written the code for it and I use it in all my plugins.
I propose it because I find those ideas general enough to be included in the Juce audio plugin SDK. So maybe…
New Classes & method:
- Audio Plugin parameter class with properties as “unit” (%, Hz, dB, generic, …), “type” (boolean, continuous, discrete, indexed, …), min, max, skewFactor, precision, automatable, progression type, color, string value, …
- A way to store a list of these parameters in the AudioProcessor.
- A way to store a preset (a set of theses parameters’ values), and to undo/redo preset loading in the processor.
- Any ideas around presets, as dialog boxes to save/restore presets in the processor, presets morphing, …
- Thanks to the previous methods, AudioUnit compliance could be full: generic view respecting parameters type (some hosts only have the generic view, no custom UI)
- The RTAS wrapper could handle parameter colors in PT: red for write, green for read, …
- Native AU and RTAS elements be used in wrappers as kAudioUnitParameterUnit_Hertz, CPluginControl_Discrete, kAudioUnitParameterFlag_DisplayLogarithmic, …
- Writing automations in the host would then be correctly displayed: drawing with correct values and units, and not just a float varying from 0 to 1.
- ProTools AS support: the RTAS wrapper just needs to be slightly modified for it, so is their a reason to avoid it?
If their is any interest in this, I could post my code after some adaptations.