Becoming a trusted Windows installer?

Oh I didn’t know that, I’ve been signing my Windows AAX’s with my Apple Cert.

1 Like

Well that’s useful to know :slight_smile: I assume that Windows ProTools doesn’t care that it was signed with an Apple Cert?

It’s worked for over a year now. Had no complaints, you just have to export the “Certificates.p12” file from the Apple Key-chain. And don’t forget to re-export it when it gets renewed.
They do suggest that you use a Windows one, but I don’t see the advantage, personally.

I didn’t get an EV licence, I just had to go through the same process, as I have a new company, so all that phone malarkey went completely out the window, as it were. :slight_smile:

It will never work with self signed, so you will have to buy from an official CA.
There must be a list of trusted CAs, that you can use to sign with PACE.

The certificate to sign installers is separate from PACE though.

For me getting the certificate for windows installers was much easier, bought it from ksoftware.com, which is a reseller of Commodo (and was recommended here on the forum), and that went smooth.
Had to set up a public phonebook entry (yell.co.uk with sipgate number worked, don’t try to phone me, goes to an answering machine and sends me an mp3 per email :wink: ). Got a phone call from them to verify myself and got a physical letter.
That was all, no attorney, no accountant…

And that certificate lets me sign AAX on windows as well…

@ daniel

They did’t accept the Sipgate thing you’ve mentioned before, they just wanted the EV letter, so I just used my normal phone number, as it wasn’t a public announcement.

Interesting, like I said, they insisted to have a phone number published, and I didn’t want to publish my mobile (I don’t have a landline), since I don’t take support calls :wink:

I guess there are different verification procedures the various companies use…

Yeah, they said it was definitely because my Ltd was less than 3 years old, that triggered the ‘advanced’ process.

Well, mine was 2 weeks old lol

The SWINES! :rofl:

I used the exact same company you suggested in October, above. Nice and cheap, thanks for that.

1 Like

Sorry, that’s “Fake News” :wink: You don’t have to use an EV Certificate to sign an AAX plugin.

Rail

1 Like