Bug: GUI briefly shows at like 400% with JUCE_COREGRAPHICS_RENDER_WITH_MULTIPLE_PAINT_CALLS=1

I have recently been using JUCE_COREGRAPHICS_RENDER_WITH_MULTIPLE_PAINT_CALLS=1.

JUCE 7.0.2, MacOS, Intel, Mojave.

I have noticed that when I launch my GUI App (or plugin version), the components in the windows (the whole interface) are first shown gigantic (like 400% scaling) before they go to the normal 100% size. It’s just a brief flash.

The window is the correct size; just the upper left portion of the whole MainComponent is shown briefly at what looks like 400% or so scaling before going to normal (100%) and filling the window.

In my GUI App, I have several separate debug windows that open on launch; they are also affected. All windows briefly show their interfaces at a large size before refreshing at normal size.

If I recompile with JUCE_COREGRAPHICS_RENDER_WITH_MULTIPLE_PAINT_CALLS=0, then the issue is not there. The windows launch normally.

I do have the JUCE splash screen enabled in case it’s related.

Even this simple test project does it:
MetalMenuTest.zip (12.5 KB)

Here is a little video (I’m not scaling the component on launch or animating it). It doesn’t seem to be scaled up as large as on my projects, but you can clearly see that it draws at a larger scaling and then goes down to the correct size. Launching from the debugger:
Untitled4

This appears to be a Mojave issue, I have now tested on Big Sur and XCode 13, but it would still be nice to get it fixed.