Compiling without OpenGL

Not a big issue, but I’m trying to compile and link the up-to-date version of JUCE as a static library, without support for OpenGL.
I have defined JUCE_OPENGL to 0 or directly commented out the corresponding line inside juce_Config.h.
I’m getting several link errors referring to juce_win32_NativeCode.obj.
I’m using Visual C++ 7 (net 2003) on XP.

Thanks
Amedeo

As far as I can tell, that should work just fine - what exactly are the errors you’re getting?

Here they are:

jucelib_static_Win32_debug.lib(juce_win32_NativeCode.obj) : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno "public: virtual __thiscall juce::OpenGLContext::~OpenGLContext(void)" (??1OpenGLContext@juce@@UAE@XZ) non risolto nella funzione __unwindfunclet$??0WindowedGLContext@juce@@QAE@QAVComponent@1@PAUHGLRC__@@ABUOpenGLPixelFormat@1@@Z$0

jucelib_static_Win32_debug.lib(juce_win32_NativeCode.obj) : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno "protected: __thiscall juce::OpenGLContext::OpenGLContext(void)" (??0OpenGLContext@juce@@IAE@XZ) non risolto nella funzione "public: __thiscall juce::WindowedGLContext::WindowedGLContext(class juce::Component * const,struct HGLRC__ *,struct juce::OpenGLPixelFormat const &)" (??0WindowedGLContext@juce@@QAE@QAVComponent@1@PAUHGLRC__@@ABUOpenGLPixelFormat@1@@Z)

jucelib_static_Win32_debug.lib(juce_win32_NativeCode.obj) : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno "public: __thiscall juce::OpenGLPixelFormat::OpenGLPixelFormat(int,int,int,int)" (??0OpenGLPixelFormat@juce@@QAE@HHHH@Z) non risolto nella funzione "public: virtual struct juce::OpenGLPixelFormat const __thiscall juce::WindowedGLContext::getPixelFormat(void)const " (?getPixelFormat@WindowedGLContext@juce@@UBE?BUOpenGLPixelFormat@2@XZ)

jucelib_static_Win32_debug.lib(juce_win32_NativeCode.obj) : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno "public: bool __thiscall juce::OpenGLPixelFormat::operator==(struct juce::OpenGLPixelFormat const &)const " (??8OpenGLPixelFormat@juce@@QBE_NABU01@@Z) non risolto nella funzione "public: void __thiscall juce::WindowedGLContext::findAlternativeOpenGLPixelFormats(class juce::OwnedArray<struct juce::OpenGLPixelFormat,class juce::DummyCriticalSection> &)" (?findAlternativeOpenGLPixelFormats@WindowedGLContext@juce@@QAEXAAV?$OwnedArray@UOpenGLPixelFormat@juce@@VDummyCriticalSection@2@@2@@Z)

Well it just looks to me like you’ve built the library with opengl turned off, but still have it turned on when you include juce.h in your app project…

You are right, of course. But it wasn’t so easy for me to find out what was going on. I’ve just switched to the last version of Juce, but I wanted to keep the old version, that’s in a folder called ‘Juce’. I had the bad idea to put the new version in a folder called “Juce+” and switched the Visual C++ include paths accordingly.

I have discovered that VC was silently using the old path, but only during compilation. In fact, when I tried to open ‘juce.h’ by right-clicking the #include instruction in the editor, it refused to do so. In the end, I’ve discovered that (for VC) you cannot call a folder ‘Juce+’ or ‘Juce-’, but ‘Juce_’ is alright. Oh, well.