Could anybody give me a simple step-by-step in changing the font (e.g. "times new roman") of text in Juce?

I’m having trouble finding out the simplest solution just by searching. Are there built-in fonts to choose from or do I need to always provide a font file?

Thanks!

0 Likes

By default you can use any fonts that the system provides. If you need to know that list at runtime you can acquire the names using something like juce::Font::findAllTypefaceNames().

As for “changing the font of text” it kind of depends on the source of the text. If you’re drawing the text manually, you can set juce::Graphics::setFont().

If it’s text in a juce::Label or similar you’d have to find the relevant way for changing the component’s font (e.g. juce::Label::setFont() for labels, making a LookAndFeel and overriding juce::ComboBox::LookAndFeel::getComboBoxFont(), etc.)

1 Like

You can also embed a font in your Binary Data and load it in as part of a LookAndFeel class.

2 Likes

You can add to your assets a font (in your binary) and use it in your LookAndFeel

Font myLookAndFeel::getBaseFont()
{
    return Font(Typeface::createSystemTypefaceFor(BinaryData::MontserratLight_otf,
                                                  BinaryData::MontserratLight_otfSize));
}
2 Likes