I’ve just spent some time debugging my plug-in, because it would crash in Logic 8 and sometimes in AuLab when deleting (with the delete key) the track or channel it’s on while the plug-in is shown. I’ve been messing around with some command manager / target stuff and thought this was the cause. I decided to open the “out of box” juce demo plugin and sure enough it crashes too.
So to reproduce this just create two tracks in Logic (I’m using 8 here, and creating two instrument tracks) on one of the tracks put in the juce demo (effect), show its ui and then select the track in Logic and press the “delete” key. This only happens if the plug-in ui is open.
Deleting the track via the Logic “track->delete track” menu does not crash it. So it looks like some key listening issues or something.
Nothing really useful in the debugger:
Program received signal: “EXC_BAD_ACCESS”. could mean loads of stuff…