Display knob on Dashboard for variable of int type?

Hi there,

I’m very new to this and I’ve been trying to customise an app to build the exact controller I want.

It seems that the only way I’ve found to display a knob on the ROLI Dashboard is using a displayMode="bipolar" variable whose type is float:

Is there a way to display a knob with int values?

I can do with a float value, not a big issue and I was just curious :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hi, not sure about what you mean.
but if you don’t wanna see the decimal on the screen you can round by the use of
setNumDecimalPlacesToDisplay(0);
call it after the setRange fonction
if you wanna have the int value in the code
int value = Slider.getValue();
if it’s a pointer
int value = Slider->getValue();

Hi @nseaprotector and thanks!

Sorry if my message wasn’t clear. You understood correctly and I’d like to hide the decimal for the sliders on the screen shot I posted. I’d like to show “127” and “115”, instead of “127.0” and “115.22”. They’re MIDI values so the decimal is irrelevant here. I convert this value to an int later to use it as a fixed/min/max velocity, so the decimal is just a cosmetic issue in the interface.

I’ll try to make it work with what you replied. I’m actually using the BLOCKS Code editor, so I’m not sure I can customise the Slider function. As I said, I’ve very new to this and I have a poor knowledge of C++ unfortunately. I’ll look into this next week! Thanks again.