DSP Module not compiling in Windows (but works on Mac)

Hi, I’m trying to use the dsp module in JUCE 5.4.7 but I’m getting a lot of errors when I try to compile my project in Windows. To be clear, all I did was add the dsp module in the projucer and then compile the project in VS2019. If I take the same projucer project and open it in Xcode on my mac then everything compiles as normal with no errors. Below is the list of errors that I receive. What am I missing to make this compile? Thanks in advance!

Severity Code Description File Line
Error C2334 unexpected token(s) preceding ‘:’; skipping apparent function body (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C3646 ‘a’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C3646 ‘a’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C1075 ‘{’: no matching token found (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 30
Error C1075 ‘{’: no matching token found (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 30
Error C7525 inline variables require at least ‘/std:c++17’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C7525 inline variables require at least ‘/std:c++17’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C2059 syntax error: ‘)’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C2059 syntax error: ‘)’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C2146 syntax error: missing ‘)’ before identifier ‘a’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C2146 syntax error: missing ‘)’ before identifier ‘a’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C2143 syntax error: missing ‘;’ before ‘<’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C2143 syntax error: missing ‘;’ before ‘<’ (compiling source file …\Source\PluginProcessor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81
Error C2334 unexpected token(s) preceding ‘:’; skipping apparent function body (compiling source file …\Source\PluginEditor.cpp) C:\Program Files\JUCE\modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h 81

This looks like modules\juce_dsp\native\juce_fallback_SIMDNativeOps.h got accidentally modified, especially around lines 30 and 81.

You can see the original version of this file from JUCE 5.4.7 here:

I hope this helps!

Thanks @McMartin but I’m not sure I understand what you mean. I compared the local file with the one from github and they are identical. Could you elaborate on what you think the issue is? Is there anything else that could be preventing this from compiling correctly (module dependencies, conflicts, etc.)?

@aguy-PG since all the errors are coming from the same file, it was plausible that it had been accidentally modified, but it was a shot in the dark.

I also see that all the errors are happening when compiling a specific file, Source\PluginProcessor.cpp. Maybe you could share parts of that file, especially around where you include juce_dsp.h.

I think the reason it is linking the error to that specific file is because I include JuceHeader.h in PluginProcessor.h but I’m not actually including juce_dsp.h anywhere in my code. All I did was add the dsp module in the projucer project and then when I opened it in Visual Studio it does not compile. However if I try compiling the same project on my Mac in Xcode it works just fine.