Graphics::reduceClipRegion() question

I’m having a little trouble with the reduceClipRegion() call. To try to figure out what I’m doing wrong, I wrote a little code

[code]
Rectangle theFrameRect(g.getClipBounds());
int theTop = theFrameRect.getY();
int theBottom = theFrameRect.getBottom();
int theWidth = theFrameRect.getWidth();
int theLeft = theFrameRect.getX();

g.drawRect(theFrameRect);     //draw a frame around the drawing area

Path	theInclusionArea;             //draw a triangle in the bottom left corner
theInclusionArea.startNewSubPath(theLeft, theTop);
theInclusionArea.addLineSegment(Line<float>(theLeft, theTop,theWidth, theBottom),1);
theInclusionArea.addLineSegment(Line<float>(theWidth, theBottom,theLeft, theBottom), 1);
theInclusionArea.closeSubPath();
g.strokePath(theInclusionArea, 1, AffineTransform::identity);       //draw the area we're clipping to
g.reduceClipRegion(theInclusionArea);

g.drawVerticalLine(theWidth/2, theTop, theBottom);       //draw a line down the vertical center
g.drawHorizontalLine(theBottom/2, theLeft, theWidth);     //and across the horizontal center[/code]

which yields

I would have expected to see the a vertical and horizontal line crossing the rectangle, but only shown below the diagonal from top left to bottom right. What has happened here?

Oddly, if I change the clip region to an ellipse, I get exactly the results I would have expected: the only drawing that happens subsequent to the call to reduceClipRegion is within the ellipse.

You’re not creating a triangle, you’re creating two line segments, and clipping to the inside of those lines. Did you mean to call lineTo rather than addLineSegment?

See…I knew it was something stupid!

For the edification of others, AddLineSegment() adds a new subpath, whereas lineTo() adds to the currently open path. There’s not much difference when stroking the whole thing afterwards, but a huge difference if you’re trying to create a region.